Monday, January 7, 2013

To market, to market


Not to buy a fat pig. But to take my 2 ram lambs. I am loading them up this afternoon to take them to the butcher. They are pretty big right now. This was taken during the summer at my friend's house. I'm keeping Abraham, the black ram. He's with the ewes now. He'll be staying IF he is successful at breeding the younger wool ewes.

SO, if anyone local would like some realy good lamb, let me know. I have one half already sold. So a whole lamb will be available for sale or barter. Half will be $150. Or if you just want a little, it'll be $5 a pound. I'll have burger, sausage, chops, legs and some stew meat.

I would be interested in bartering for firewood or square hay bales. Running low on both.

These guys are a mix of Katahdin, Dorper, Suffolk, Hapshire and Finn. All really good meat breeds. Should be some really good eating here.

They should be ready Friday.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I do wish I was closer- I ADORE lamb!

Kris said...

I do too! We haven't had lamb in a few years. I hope the ewes have more rams soon. Looks like the 3 hair ewes are going to have at least twins soon. We shall see.

I just bartered with a friend for some hay!!! I am so happy about that. I'm down to about 35 bales and it's just the biginning of winter here.