Friday, January 25, 2013

Good friends and family

 Last week we were almost out of wood. I called a friend up the road to see if they had any to sell. She said she's ask her husband. So he called and said he'd meet me near their house and I could ride with him in his truck since I didn't have my truck. So off we went out into the cow field to their wood shed. It's got wood that they use for their camp kids in the summer. Another friend came to help load. We got a small truckload. We went to my house and got it unloaded and stacked in the wood shed. It lasted about a week. And it was free!

My husband came home Wed. for the day while waiting on his truck to get loaded. Our friend up on the mountain had some more wood he was giving us again. Back in the fall he had several stacks that we got. So we went on up and found 2 more good sized stacks, all cut and ready for the wood stove. We got our long bed truck loaded down with all that wood. And it was free too.

Also last fall, my friend up the road before our house called and said she was having an Ash tree cut down and did I want it? Of course. She had some guys there cutting it and they loaded it all up in my truck for me. Some of it was really big too. The son-in-law came one day and split all that. Didn't even ask him. They just came out one day and he grabbed the ax and started splitting wood. So my daughters and grand daughters started stacking it in the wood shed. It filled up fast. He likes splitting wood apparently.

So far we have not paid a cent for fire wood. We have an old maple tree that needs cut down. I hope we can get to that in the next few weeks. I like this new wood heater. I can fill my yellow farm wagon up with wood and it lasts at least 3 days. And the house stays at least 70 degrees, give or take a few degrees. Very nice warm heat too.

Then a few days ago, another friend called. he works at a semi truck wash in Ringgold. Said there was a truck with some corn flour they had to clean out and he got 4 55 gallon  barrels of it and could I use it for my animals? Well, I called my friend who has 2 Jersey cows she milks to see if she could use some. So she took 2 of them and I took 2. He delivered them and put them where we wanted them. Now I need some pigs.

I am so thankful for friends and family.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good friends are certainly blessings from God!