Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quilting

This is my little quilting frame. I've had this for about 32 years now. It's a bit wobbly and has some duct tape holding one of the legs on at the bottom. Gotta love duct tape! And this blue jean quilt is heavy. So it leans a little to the left. But I love this frame. It's been in the garage for a long time. My husband keeps asking me if I am ever going to use it again. Well, yes. And I will keep using it. Til it falls apart and duct tape doesn't help any more.






I'm about halfway done going one way. So this shouldn't take too long to finish. And when hubby comes home, he'll have a new quilt to keep him warm. Because it looks like he'll be out on the road in his truck for another year.

And my fingers hurt. I feel like a diabetic that's having to prick my finger a million times a day. Because I have. And I HATE needles!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

And a manly quilt it is! I don't know how you've managed to hand sew it all together. My hands ache most the time as it is, and I'm too young for aching hands.

Kris said...

I think I'll have to take a break today and let my fingernails get back to normal. I cannot use a thimble so have to use my nails. It's too much like gloves, can't wear them either.

I was laying in bed last night thinking why didn't I go ahead and quilt both ways as I go. Sometimes my brain just doesn't work too well.