Thursday, January 31, 2013

Penelope Jane


I honestly do not know how this goat could get any bigger. She can hardly walk. And I don't know how much longer she can hold those kids in. I keep hoping every morning that she will have had them. But nope. She likes to keep them where she knows where they are, I guess. But I do hope she waits a few more weeks. It's going to be COLD at night the next several days. With snow flurried Saturday. Remind me to never breed goats for this early kidding. Or sheep either. What was I thinking?

5 comments:

Kristin said...

What, you don't like hanging out in the barn in mud and freezing temperatures?

Kristin said...

PS, I should take a picture of Trixie. She's looking that size and isn't due until the end of March. I'm a little worried! According the feeding rates, I'm not overfeeding her. I guess she just wants to look like a house.

Kris said...

Kristin, I keep thinking she's going to kid any day but nothing. She is so big. And I know some smaller goats can have a lot of kids. I just hope she has twins. This is her first time.

Anonymous said...

Wow - she is big. Keep us posted!

Kris said...

I am praying she does not have them for the next week. In the low 20's at night. And the days not much more. Too cold to have kids!! Good grief, what was I thinking?