Sunday, January 6, 2013

Record player



I got this for Christmas from my mom and step dad. I love it. We went and dug out all the old records from out in the garage. We used to have a record player years ago when the kids were little. Out oldest daughter somehow tore the needle off and we never did get it fixed.

So this is sitting on our buffet in the dining room. It has a radio, CD player and a cassette player too. I have already listened to Cat Stevens, Willie Nelson and a few others. It's so nice to be able to hear records again. I love how they sound, with the scratchy noise coming through.




I love Willie Nelson. I remember when me and my husband went to see Honeysuckle Rose way back in the early 80's at the theater in Red Bank, Tn.  And we got the record. I put that on the other night while I was sewing together the blue jean quilt  I'm making for my husband. It brought back a lot of good memories. It's a good album.




The stack of records on the window seat. I need to go through them and put these loose ones back in the covers before they get all scratched up. Some of them look pretty scratched up but when I wash them off they play fine.

I used to have Peter Frampton. I can't find it. I am going to look for a new one when I am at a music store. I think that's got to be my favorite album ever. And he's still good. Hasn't aged a bit.


No comments: