Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All before coffee

I went to bed early last night. Felt kind of funny. While feeding and milking last night, I felt like I was gong to faint. Like everything was real distant. I had my jacket and gloves on and was sweating like summertime. I came inside and did a few things, then went to bed before 8. Then slept til almost 8:30. Feeling fine this morning.

So looked out the window first thing and saw the bad babies out in the pasture that they are not supposed to be in. Those 3 bad kids keep getting through the electric fence out back and going out to the pasture that's not mine. I've tried to fix the fence, but it's going to have to be all redone. So got them back in, fed them all hay. I got John Henry back yesterday so took Trudy out and put Abby in with him and Zeeboo. That was ok for awhile. Trudy is getting along with the others fine, but ran around looking for Zeeboo. So this morning, I took Abby back out and put Trudy back in. She is bred already but I'll just wait a little longer to put them all together.

Then went and got the 2 fences that I was going to use to separate the sheep. Put that along the fence the bad babies get through. It only went so far though. They all went back there and turned around and went back to the barn. So I hope that stops them til I get some money to fix it all.

Stella had gotten into the sheep pasture and chased them all over the place. I noticed a black flash while I was out back. Then saw all the sheep way down at the bottom of the pasture looking up this way, and realized it was Stella. So got her out and fixed that fence where she got in. I need to see if I can take her to a guy in Alabama that trians Border Collies. I do believe Stella would make a good herding dog if she was trained. She sure has the instinct in her. She's just turned 2 so should be ready to work. And I need a working dog to help me.

Then noticed Sandy and Zarah jumping on each other. So ran and got Arlo Guthrie, the little boer buck. Took him to the stall and got Sandy and put her in there. I just don't think I am going to get any kids from Sandy this year. But I won't give up trying. Then had to get them hay and water.

And also noticed that one of the bad babies, Iris Josie, was looking a little droopy. She had runny poop a few weeks ago. I gave her plain yogurt then. She got over that. So I brought her and her momma, Abby, into the milk room. Gave Iris some Cydectin, Red Cell, plain yogurt and a shot of Thiamin. She's a little skinny too. I'll keep an eye on her.

So I finally got to come in and get some breakfast and some coffee. It's a mess out there. Wet and muddy and just plain ole nasty. It's supposed to not rain for awhile, thank goodness. I am tired of it.

Now I am off to sew some more on the quilt. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds so chaotic! You deserved 2 cups of coffee after chasing all those critters around.