Thursday, January 24, 2013

Home


There is no place I'd rather be. I have to make myself go out when I have errands to do. Like today. Just get up and go.

I had to take my vacuum in  to get serviced. It wasn't picking anything up. Then while I was out there, I went to Fresh Market and Hobby Lobby. Just wandered around. I did get bread at FM. Then to Costco for a few things. Wandered around in there awhile. I even went to a cute little fabric-yarn store but didn't see anything I had to have. Then paid a few bills and went to Aldi's. My mom wanted me to get something at Costco, so stopped by and visited a few minutes. Then on to the herb doctor to get more of my happy juice. Then home.

I love my drive home. It was around 5:30 so there was a little traffic on the way out. Then the last 8 miles or so, I'm usually the only one on the road. Then I get to my driveway and I am so happy to be home, like I can breathe again.  All my animals are happy to see me, the one who feeds them. They're all ready for some hay and grain and cat food and dog treats. I rush in the house, change shoes, run around feeding animals. Tonight, I brought the bucks back to the back yard so I could move the sheep over there for shelter. Brought Sandy and Zeeboo back with the rest of the does for the night. It's supposed to be really messy tonight, with sleet and ice and snow mix. A lot of schools are already closed. But haven't heard anything about Walker Co. yet. Every school around is closed but us.

Anyway, it's so good to be at home. I just want to stay here. I really don't need anything. I have all I need right here. And out there in the world, people are rushing around, trying to get here and there as fast as they possibly can. No one hardly even smiles or says hello anymore. Out here, it's a totally different world. I like being at home.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Musical goats! I love your stories of moving everyone hither and fro. When you turn your home into your dream, why would you want to be anywhere else?

Stay warm tonight. It looks like we're far enough south to escape anything nasty. It was 68 and sunny today. Beautiful. We sat on my aunt's deck and played Gloom.

Kris said...

I think I've heard of that game. Sounds fun, despite the name. Hope you have a good day today!

SweetLand Farm said...

I like to get out to town, but I like to come home and have all the critters welcome me in some way!
Have a great weekend!!

Linda Foley said...

I so agree... there is no place like home.