Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nothing like a little sting in the morning...



to get a gal going. I don't mean a bee sting either. I put a Sting CD in and cranked it up. I love Sting.

I have so much to do and just can't seem to get going lately. So I am making bread, dog food and going to make my first batch of mozzarella later today. I have a guy coming to mow the sheep pasture. All the dead ugly stuff on top so the new grasses can grow. And I have to take little Ira Joe and Ella Belle to get their horns burned off. A friend does this for me because I just cannot seem to do it myself. I can cut off a chicken head and do all that gory stuff, but can't seem to hurt my little kids. She's also going to castrate my 3 ram lambs in a few months too. She will do the cut and pull method, which I prefer over the banding. On the way, I'll drop my soil samples off to get tested. Should know by the end of next week.

It's such a beautiful day and supposed to warm up. I might go get some good garden soil too and start working on the garden. It's still too wet to plow but I can do some raised bed areas for root crops. I need to plant carrots, beets, lettuce, mustard, collards, kale, spinach. It's getting late!

What's going on in your gardens so far? Are you having nice weather where you are yet? These March winds will dry it up here. But we have some rain showers heading our way again.

No comments: