Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Leibster Award!

Well, I feel honored to have been chosen for a Leibster Award by Sandra over at Clearwater Farm Journal. Thank you Sandra! I'll try to do this right but probably won't. Yours looked very professional.

So I have to nominate 5 other blogs with a following of less than 300. So these are the bloggers I am nominating:

Aubrey at: http://thisblessedlife-aubrey.blogspot.com
http://goodgoats.blogspot.com  She has helped me a lot with great advice on goats.
http://katiegirlkate.blogspot.com
http://mybarefootfarm.blogspot.com
http://hammockhavenfarm.blogspot.com

Here are 5 random things about me:

I love the color green.
I was born in California.
I hate winter.
I can be really lazy.
I am getting bees!

And here are 5 questions I have to answer for Sandra:

I am reading a Book of Bees.

My favorite thing to do on a weekend is going to market on Saturday and sitting out under my shade tree with a good book on Sunday, listening to the birds and my sheep munching.

If I could travel anywhere, I would go to Ireland. But I am waiting on a bridge! Because I ain't flying clear across the ocean to get there.

My favorite season is Spring because I can get back out in the dirt and get the gardens going again. And there are baby lambs and goats!

I think my hobby would have to be fermenting. Anything!

So for those who I have nominated, you'll have to do the same thing. And here are your questions to answer for me:

How long have you been farming? Or homesteading?
What got you started farming or homesteading?
What's your favorite part about farming or homesteading?
What's your most dreaded part of it?
What do you most LOVE about it?

I think that's all. Now I have to go tell all these wonderful bloggers that I have nominated them too.

Happy Spring, y'all!!! Go enjoy the day. I am going to a bee keeping class tonight!



8 comments:

Sandra said...

Mike wants to get bees. You will have to let me know how it goes.

I would love to go to Ireland too :)

An At Home Daughter said...

I feel the same way about flying. No way will I get on a commercial airliner. My niece wants me to come visit them in Hawaii, but I won't get on a plane. I told her I will come when I can take the train.The last time I got on a plane was when we visited family in Georgia. I was 12. We had to change planes in Atlanta. That airport is sooo huge it scared me. I thought we were going to miss our flight.
Kimberly in sunny California

Kristin said...

Thank you for the nomination- I am honored. I hope I did it right. Now to notify the people I've nominated. :)

Kris said...

Sandra, I also would love to go to Italy. The lady I take care of has a daughter with a home over there. They have offered several times for me to come and they'd pay. But again, that ocean! Went to my first bee class last night.

Kris said...

Kimberly, what part of Calif. do you live? I was born in Trona, lived in Placerville and LA. My brother, sister and I used to fly cross country to Ga. and back all the time when we were kids. But back then, I never thought a thing about it. I flew again when I was 18, to my father's funeral. Then again about 4 years ago, from Denver to Portland for my uncle's funeral. I was SO scared that time.

Kris said...

Kristin, you did great! I couldn't get my links to your blogs to show up right on mine.

An At Home Daughter said...

Well I don't like to ID where I live publicly online, but we live in a valley in Northern California.

Kris said...

It's been since 1999 that me and my sister and our kids went out there to Napa for a family reunion. After that we went to San Francisco then to LA. It was fun and the weather was crazy for the first part of July. Freezing cold in Napa and SF, then over 100 in LA. It was SO good to get back home. We drove all the way there from Ga. LONG drive! With 4 kids too.