Wednesday, October 28, 2015

37 years...

 and wouldn't trade it for anything..

I was at lunch today with my mom and looked at the date and realized it was my anniversary.  Isn't that crazy? Just forget something like that?

This guy is amazing. I first met him in St. Elmo all those years ago. It was like we looked at each other and knew each other. I didn't live here. Me and a friend had come up here looking for her friend. And met my future husband. We stayed here a few days, then went back to South Ga. I had his phone number. I didn't call him for a few weeks. When I did, he said he wanted me to come back. He had a little house he'd just bought and it would be perfect for us. So I did. I was just 20 years old. He was 30. That was in June. We got married in October.

I loaded up all my belongings in my Pinto and drove up here to Chattanooga. Been here ever since. 37 years now. This is home. We've raised to beautiful daughters. And now have 3 beautiful grand daughters. It's been a good life. Not always happy. Not always fun. But we never gave up. There were times when I wanted to leave. And did a few times. But I could never give up on what we have.

Tiny is a good man. And good father. A great husband. He'd do anything for me. And for his kids. And for his friends. He's so giving and loving and kind. And such a hard worker too. I love this man. Through thick and thin. Good times and bad. Rich and lean. It's always been good.

I hope to have 37 more years with him.











5 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations on 37 years to the same man. And I wish you 37 more.

I have been married for 36 and like you they have not always been perfect. But they have been ours. And the good lord has given us what ever we needed to deal with them and get through. I feel blessed and then I feel sorry for so many who get married today and are not really committed and the first little thing that goes wrong they are ready to bale.

Kris said...

Congratulations on your 36 years, Kim! Yes, it seems anymore, the least little thing goes wrong and there's a divorce. They don't try to make it work. Divorce is easier I guess. There were a few times we thought about it. But tried a little harder to make it work.

An At Home Daughter said...

Congratulations!

Betty Ann said...

How blessed you are! And he's handsome to boot! Happy anniversary to both of you. My hubby and I are 40 years happily married. Life is good. God is good.

Kris said...

Good for you Betty Ann! I never ever thought when I was a kid that I'd be married this long. But now can't imagine not being married.