Friday, October 9, 2015

Stinky Stella. And other stuff.


This dog loves to be dirty. And the stinkier the better she thinks.

She had 2 baths this week. I think I'll just quit doing that. Because she just goes and rolls in the dirt. Or a dead animal. She did that a few days ago. I had found a dead possum out in the chicken yard a few weeks ago. Stella had been out all night and I think she killed it. She's good at that. I threw it over the fence and forgot about it. Til I saw it back in the yard a few days ago. Well, just some fur and bones. But that's all it takes apparently, for a good roll for Stella. She came in the house and I about got sick from the stench. She was all dirty and greasy looking. And STUNK so bad! So, back to the hose for a good scrub down. Again. So her new name now is Stinky Stella.

I went to a therapy dog meeting last night at Erlanger hospital in Chattanooga with my mom. She has a little tiny Chihuahua named Bella. She's been taking her to obedience classes for being a therapy dog. We got there a little early and real soon, the room was full of dog people. We talked to several women sitting near us. They all had pictures of their sweet cute dogs on their cell phones. It was something, being in a room full of at least 80 dog loving people. It's called H.A.B.I.T. and they are just in Tn. right now. They do go to schools and a few mental hospitals and are now at TC Thompson's Children's hospital and in the cancer ward. They really needed volunteer therapy dogs for the cancer patients because the childrens  hospital is full of volunteers right now. They might get to go once a month. But they wanted at least 6 per day 6 days a week for the cancer ward. I was really surprised at all the people that showed up.

We went to an open house for a tiny house community that's starting up in Chatt. too. The house was a little over 500 SF. Really tiny. They were getting ready to build about 8 more behind that house. With a shared parking lot. Really cool. I am hooked on all the tiny house shows on tv right now. If it was just me, I'd live in a tiny house. But my husband would take up most of a tiny house. I'd also need a whole other tiny house for a studio, because there's no way I'd get all my wool and soap stuff in just one. But they are so cute and cozy.

I also downsized my bee hive yesterday. I was told to have just 2 hive boxes during the winter, so they don't have to work harder to keep empty boxes and space warm. When I went out to take off a few, I was hoping to get some honey. But the 2 honey supers I had put on during summer were both empty. And the bees were very nice too. I had suited up good this time, just in case. I could have just worn regular clothes though. No problems at all. The 3rd honey super had plenty for them to eat on for winter. Plus, they are still bringing in pollen right now. I have not had to start feeding them yet.

I will be working all weekend at Mrs. T's. We had to fire the weekend care giver. Plus 2 of the others are going on vacations. And the other one has been out for 2 weeks. It's just me and 1 other this weekend. I hope Betty can come back for her regular days next week. I need to hire a few others, just for back ups. The one back up we have is working Friday and Saturday nights. It's pretty stressful, being a manager and caregiver. But I do get a lot of knitting and crocheting done while I'm there.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: