Monday, February 11, 2013

I love Monday

I have always loved Mondays. When my kids were in school and my husband worked a "regular" job, they would all leave Monday morning and I went to work. I cleaned the house. I did the shopping. Ran errands, Paid bills. All by myself! I loved it. It was MY day to do all the things that couldn't get done with a house full of people. I just liked to clean with an empty house. Even when I worked I liked Mondays. I even went a year to Chattanooga State college taking a horticulture class and felt like I worked a full time job, I still liked Monday.

So this weekend, all 3 of the grand daughters were here. Plus their mother. Husband was not here this weekend. He was up around Pa. doing trucking stuff. Sat. my younger daughter came out and got all the other girls and they went to the mall, shopping! So I had all afternoon to myself. It was nice. A guy came out from Meanesville, Ga to look at Iris and Brie, the devil goats. I had put an ad on CL. I was at the point where I really needed to let these 2 go. It would be another 1 1/2 years before they both could have been bred and  started milking. And they have been really bad lately and trying my patience to no end. So I felt like it was the best thing for me to do. He did end up getting them both. And I did NOT back down on the price! I was SO proud of myself.

And Friday evening a nice home school family came out to see Trudy and her kids. They are wanting to start a meat goat herd. The 2 boys were so nice and polite. I was very impressed with them. It looks like the boys are the ones who really want this. They did end up getting Trudy and both kids. But the boys both fell in love with Ursula, one of Penelope's kids. So we decided they would go ahead and take both Trudy's kids, but later, when they are weaned, they'll swap the buck for Ursula. Which is great, because I really wanted to keep the buck for a meat goat anyway. So I feel really good about this family taking them all.

So all in all, a great weekend. Although now, we are under water again. It rained all night Sat. and all day Sunday. With more rain til Wed. So here we go again!

I'm going to make another post about goats. Again! I hope all of you who come here to read my blog never get tired of cute kids and lambs. Or pregnant goats rear ends and udders. But that's what it's all about right now.

3 comments:

Betty Ann said...

Kris, I look forward to all of your posts! Who could get tired of kids and lambs?? Congrats on your successful goat sales.

Kristin said...

We're underwater here too with more on the way. I hope it holds off until I can get the milking done.

I'm so glad you sold your goats!

Kris said...

Thank, Betty Ann! I really appreciate you here. I'm glad you like lambs and kids too.

And Kristin, it's nice here right now, but more rain is coming this afternoon.I do feel so much better since those 3 goats are gone. I just don't think poor Trudy was the right goat for my farm. But I do miss the 2 bad babies. It is a lot easier without them here though.