Tuesday, September 4, 2012

For Sale



I have decided to sell these 2 doelings.

 Iris Josie, the Lamancha doe, will be 6 months old Sept. 10. I have both parents here. They are both full Lamancha. Iris is very friendly.

Brie is the Nubian doe. She'll be 6 months Sept 27. I have her mother here. Sandy is mostly Nubian with some Toggenburg. The father was full Nubian. Brie is a twin to a beautiful spotted buckling. She is a little skittish but with more handling, she will be a great goat.

Both of their mothers are excellent milkers with great udders. So these 2 will be wonderful milk goats when they are ready.

I am asking $150.00 each. I would love to find someone with a farm and children who will love these 2 girls. I would also love for them to go together as they have been raised together and are used to being together. They have both been disbudded. And wormed and given CDT's. Both are very healthy.

I am selling them because it will be another year before they can be bred and I really don't have the room for them. They need a place where they can grow and run and play with plenty of good stuff to eat and good shelter and fences.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh gosh, I would love your LaMancha, but you're about 4 hours away. :(

Kris said...

That is a bit far to go for a goat. I wish you were closer too. I really need to find a home for these 2.

Kristin said...

I bought one of mine in Commerce, GA. It was a long ride for her. And now I have to take the poor girl 2 hours to breed her. That is if the girls will leave her CIDR in! Stinking goats keep pulling it out!!!!

Kris said...

What is a CIDR? And you don't have a buck? I have 2. I know. If you need a buck or 2, I have them. What kind of goats do you have?

Kristin said...

No, I don't have a buck. I have 3 Lamancha does. A CIDR is a hormone suppository that you insert you-know-where to bring about heat. That way I can be sure they're in heat when I take them to be bred.

I'm not sure I want to deal with "Buck Stink" and I'd need another pen to house the buck in since everything I read says not to keep your buck with your does. And then I get to worry about the guy getting lonely which means a companion for him. For this year at least, I've decided paying stud fees and traveling a little is the better choice.