Monday, March 2, 2015

Bees are doing well.


Yesterday, the bees were out.  Some were full of red pollen from the maple trees. They've had big fat buds on them for over a month now. I love seeing the bees coming back to the hive with legs all full of red pollen.




Lots of dead bees in front of the hive too. But that's a good sign. That means the live bees are cleaning house and making room for all the new bees that will be hatching soon.






You can see all the buds on the maple trees. So pretty. It's the 2nd day of March. And we will have lots of rain this week and a chance of more snow Thursday. They are calling for 1 1/2". So probably no school. Again. School was out Tuesday through Friday last week.




I am SO glad to tell February goodbye! It's been a crazy month. There is nothing but mud out there now. And I hate mud. I was just worn out this morning. I got a wagon full of old hay to lay down for a path for the sheep to walk on. And me. It just wears me out trudging through all this mud. Worse than sand. So, more rain and snow this week. Maybe we'll have dry ground one day.

No comments: