Friday, March 20, 2015

Dread pics

I have 14 dreads so far. I had to re do 2 of them this morning. Roots were really loose.

So this is how I wore my hair today. I washed it last night, and it's been raining, so my hair is a big ball of frizz right now. And so grey. But I love it.

And it's hard to take a back shot with a big Canon.



                                                      Maybe you can see the dreads here.




                                               And here's some curlies. It's just messy right now.




Look how frizzy! Good grief! Hopefully, they will get tighter. The wrapped one is the oldest. It's loose at the roots so I decided to wrap it. And I like wrapped dreads. I'd like to get some beads too.



(I almost forgot to say that I am doing the twist and rip method. But it will only go about halfway. So a few of them I have finished with a braid. That's why the little colored rubber bands are at the bottom. And I like the loose wispy ends too. And I will probably only do a partial as I really like my hair and don't know if I want to go all the way with dreads. Plus I have seen a few videos of reasons why not to get dreads. And all have mentioned if you don't like people looking at you, or attention drawn to you, then you should not get dreads. Because people will stare. or make ugly comments. or want to touch them or smell them. Ew. So probably only the bottom half will become dreads. But I am liking them so far.)

So this is as good as I can get. Maybe more later when I can get someone else to take a good picture.

And I have lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks!!!!!!!! I am so proud of me for sticking with this. I feel SO much better eating this way. so I am down to 236 now. I want to get under 200. I hate being this heavy. I WILL DO IT!

Y'all have a great weekend! First day of spring here was wet, cold, dreary and just plain ole yucky. Hope it gets better.

4 comments:

Betty Ann said...

Wow! 13 pounds in two weeks! That is a huge accomplishment.

Kris said...

Still 237. I couldn't wait to weigh so I did this morning. A little depressing for sure.

Linda said...

Kris I love the way your hair looks!!! I think its beautiful. I would love to have my hair looks that way.
Congrats on the weight loss! That is a lot of weight to lose in 2 weeks.

I hope this comment works. I keep trying to post on your blog.

Linda

Kris said...

Hey Linda! It did work. Yay! I'm so glad you kept trying. I'm down 14 pounds now. It took 3 days for that 14th pound. was ready to give up.

I have a long way to go on this hair. But I'll do a little at a time.