Friday, April 19, 2013

Can you see them?

I am so happy! I went out just awhile ago and heard that all too familiar sound. I walked over to the tree and there they were. A pair of Ruby Throated hummingbirds! I had just put the feeder out yesterday too. Just in time. They are so beautiful. And it's going to be in the 30's the next few nights. I hope they have a nest built already. They are SO fun to watch.








               This is pretty with the horses across the road and the sunset and of course the sheep.





                                                                   I love this shot.


                                                            See her in the upper window?



She's over in the left right at the mountain line. It's a male and female pair. I only saw those 2 so far. But there will be more.



Do y'all have hummers yet? Are you ready for them? I found this little hanger at the dollar store and it's just perfect for their feeder. And they can perch on it too.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Great shots! I stopped putting out nectar before the tulip poplars finish blooming. Without fail, each year I would see a hummer, get excited, and make nectar. Then the poplars would bloom and the nectar would spoil.

I have a tulip poplar (in full bloom) right outside my kitchen window. The past two years, hummingbirds have nested in it. Such sweet little lichen nests. I hope they build here again this year.

Sandra said...

I have a daughter loved hummingbirds. She would always make sure the feeder was full!

Kris said...

Kristin, I want a few tulip poplar trees. Bees LOVE them too. I had one just pop up a few years ago in my front border and I was SO excited. One day my husband weed whacked it down. Darn husbands with weed whackers! Mine cuts down everything in his path. I usually have to go out with him and point out things that I'd like to keep alive. I have a poor clematis vine that he gets every time he gets near it. But it keeps coming back.

Kris said...

Sandra, your daughter sounds like such a good nature lover. And a great helper too!

Kristin said...

Kris, I'm waiting for my mom's comment abont my dad mowing over the blueberries....and then the roses.

I think my hubby has only managed to take out 2 pampas grasses. Oh, and most a tomato crop one year when he got roundup happy.

Kris said...

It must be a man thing. They cannot be trusted alone with the weed whacker!