Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy 15th birthday, Sophie!

 Sophie will be 15 years old tomorrow, the 7th. We got her and her sister Zoe when they were just 6 weeks old. So long ago. Zoe died 1 1/2 years ago in Jan. Sophie is doing pretty good for 15. She's a Rat Terrier. I have heard these little dogs can live to be over 20. She is so much like a little old lady. She has to take a running start to get up the 2 steps to the living room. She lays in the sun when it's 100 outside. I kid her and tell her she needs her sweater on. I have a friend who is 95 next week and she wears a sweater all the time.
 This is my husband. I got the 2 dogs for him way back when. She loves him.
 And she's had enough fun for the night. She's going to bed. She's old, she goes to bed early. And she will sleep all night til about 6 in the morning and wake me up with a few yips. I don't need an alarm clock. She's a good ole dog. I hope she has many more birthdays. As long as she can get up those steps on her own. I told her she's going to the doggy nursing home if I have to carry her in and out. That ain't happenin"!

No comments: