Monday, June 23, 2014

A VERY long Monday here.


I think today was the longest day of the year. It just went on forever for me. So much to do and I did very little.

First thing, woke up at 6 this morning. I had to go down to the camp where my youngest grand daughter is for the week, and help with breakfast. I fist milked Penelope. Then went next door and put another coat of paint on the floor.

I made some pink kraut, in honor of a friend who has breast cancer and had surgery today. I added beets to it. It was so good, I had to make myself stop to get enough in the jar. I did get the bathroom cleaned today. And washed a few loads of towels and sheets and hung them outside to dry. Just when they were dry enough, it started to rain, so got them in in time.

That little bird that built that huge nest in my laundry room, has 4 of the smallest little tiny eggs now! And every time I have to go out there, I'll talk to her and let her know it's just me. Sometimes she stays put, sometimes she flies out. I can't wait to see the little tiny bird babies. I hope I can get a picture of them.




The other day, I was at some friends house. They had made these screens to put on the ends of their little hoop houses to keep the chickens out when they opened the ends for air. They were not using them and they were just leaned up against the wall in the driveway. I just thought they'd make great wool drying racks, so asked if I could borrow them. They let me! So now I have to wash some wool. I'll put them in the sun after I wash them off. I have a washer and dryer now in the studio. Just have to get clamps for the dryer hose tomorrow.

I just painted the rest of the floor yesterday afternoon. Then this morning put another coat on. So it is finished! I can start moving in tomorrow afternoon! I am so excited! I can make soap and salve and jelly and wool dryer balles and needle felt and make earrings... all kinds of cool stuff will happen over there soon. Plus knitting, crocheting, sewing, spinning.... oh, the things that will be created! And I hope to have some artists painting and drawing too.  And classes. And workshops. It will be so fun.


I still have Zeeboo and her 2 buck kids and Penelope til the end of the month. Miking Penelope twice a day. Zeeboo's looking better and better every day. I had an email from the lady who got Piper and Emmy Lou, who is also getting Zee and Penelope. She had to take Piper to the vet today. He said she had a slight case of pneumonia and was wormy. I am so upset. She'd been giving Piper a bottle a few times a day. I had been giving her less and less evry day, trying to wean her. I was down to about a half bottle in the morning. She is smaller than all the others, because shes a triplet and she nearly died and she was bottle fed. I always said bottle babies are puny and small, that's why I never wanted to pull kids and bottle feed. So I hope she'll be ok. She still wants the does. But I've been a little depressed about this today.

Anyway, tomorrow is my day with my mom. I'll stop and get my oldest grand daughter, Chloe, and take her with us. I want to find some things for her to do. She needs to be busy. Art classes or volunteer somewhere. She's 15, she needs to be busy.

I hope everyone is well and having a great summer so far.

1 comment:

Betty Ann said...

Whew!! Busy busy! I was out of town last week and when I returned Kristin and I really had our hands full to get ready for last Saturday's Market. I just don't know how you accomplish all that you do! The floor looks super.