Sunday, March 9, 2014

I did 2 things I have never done before.

The first thing is a little later in the story.

This is April. On Friday about 11:30, I noticed her up front in the pasture and she had a water bubble. It was time, finally! So I grabbed some towels and some coffee and headed out there. It was a beautiful day to have some lambs!

She would walk around. Then sit down.



Then she'd get back up. The chickens came out to help her.




Then some sheep came out. They had been having their mid-morning siesta.




I grabbed some blocks and sat down. Had some chicken company.



Then she started pushing. I saw some feet and a nose, so I knew it would be just a few minutes and she'd have a lamb. She did this a few times, then she'd get back up. Then down she'd go again. It was nearly 12.




Finally, the cutest little white lamb was here. Looked like her momma. # 28, a ewe lamb. I helped April dry off her face and let her do the rest.



She was up within a few minutes, looking for some milk. April was huge, like a dairy goat. She went back there and found the udder and had some colostrum. Then this happened. Some of you will know what this is.



And this is where the first of the things I have never done before happened in about 20 minutes or so. I'm going to finish this post tomorrow. I am tired y'all!

1 comment:

Iris said...

Kris, I don't know how you do it! I would want to help, but would probably be throwing up! The little ones are so cute!