Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11: What I come home to.

My good friends  Stephanie and Craig came this evening and let the dogs out, gave them their bones, gathered eggs and locked up the chickens. Even checked on the goats and sheep. They are the best. They even left on the porch light and dining room light.

So this is what I saw tonight when I came home from the hospital. My best dogs ever. Stella and Bubba. sitting on the window box, all excited to see me. I love these dogs. (Sorry for the red eye and flash.)

My husband called early this morning. 1:30 this morning. Scared me to death. I saw it was his name on the phone and said hello. Hello hello. I could hear him talking but nothing. I kept saying hello. I thought I was dreaming. It was so weird. I kept trying to get him to hear me. He was talking to a nurse and telling her his doctors names. I finally hung up and called him back. He answered right away. He said he had looked on his phone to get my number. Didn't know he called me.

Anyway, he said they had just done an ultra sound on his legs. They found a blood clot behind his right knee. He got a shot to break it up. We don't know if it had been there for awhile or just happened. And he was hungry so had some crackers and milk. And was freezing cold. Covered up with 4 blankets.

I could not go back to sleep after that. It was 1:30 in the morning on May 28th that my mother called to tell me my step dad had just died. So when I saw the time on my phone, it freaked me out really bad. I did finally lay down and slept a little. But it really shook me up. But then, I thought if my husband had died, the hospital would have called, not him. Geesh.

I was at the hospital til about 7 tonight. Both daughters came. Poor Abby is so sick with a sinus infection. I am making her some elderberry syrup right now. I still hate when my kids are sick.

Tiny has something called Venous something. That's what the wound specialist is saying is on his feet. She explained how this happens. Especially to diabetics. So she had ordered a silver steroid cream to put on the wounds. But it had not come in when I left. So his feet have not been treated at all. He is being pumped full of antibiotics though. Blood pressure and blood sugar are quite high right now as well. With all he's been getting, it's to be expected.

Oh Lord, this is really something I have not prepared myself for. I know people go through this all the time. I was just not ready. My mother wrote a post about him. How he always gets me roses for our anniversary and how he waited til he got nearly home to go in to get a dozen roses for me. As sick as he was, he got me roses. Then called me and said he didn't think he'd make it home.  It hasn't hit me yet. I love him.


Betty Ann said...

You must be thoroughly exhausted. Do your best to take care of yourself first so you can continue to be the caretaker. I love that Tiny stopped to get you roses. More prayers. Hugs.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Wishing a speedy recovery. Great pic of the dogs waiting for you to come home. Glad you have friends to care for the home front and leave the lights on for you.

An At Home Daughter said...

Glad to hear that your husband is doing better. I have been praying for him, and will keep him in my prayers.

My Grandma that lives in GA also has diabetes, and has had her feet worked on more times than I can count. She also told us they use silver on her wounds. I wonder if its like colloidal silver? You can buy it at any health food store. Its a natural antibiotic to keep on hand.

I also get sinus infections a lot. Here's a little info to pass on to your daughter. If you use a neti pot with some goldenseal tincture in the saline solution to rinse out your sinuses, it should have it healing up withing 24 hours. After discovering this, I no longer have to take antibiotics to clear up my sinus infections. I never could understand why they doctors don't have something to treat the sinus instead of the whole body.

Hope you all are feeling better and get a little rest.


Betty Ann said...

My daughter swears by the Neti pot, but be aware that it has come under fire for some severe and even deadly amoeba infections so do your own homework on it and use only sterile water...just thought you should know. Praying that Tiny is on the road to recovery and that you are able to get some rest.

Kris said...

Thank you, thank you and thank you for all the prayers and thoughts! It really means a lot to know there are people praying for him. I am so thankful. I wonder about people who have no one to pray for them or even think about them. So sad.

I will tell Abby about the neti pot. I took her a pint of elderberry syrup to her this morning. I'll call her soon to see how she is now.

My husband's mother was really bad later in her life with foot ulcers. I sure miss her.

I had to come home early to get plastic up on the coops and goat barn. Tonight it's going down to the 20's. Too cold for me! Sure wish my wood stove was hooked up right now.