Saturday, April 22, 2017

And here's 10 and 11...



Adalaide had twins this morning! A ram lamb first. He's black and white, like an Oreo cookie. So cute. Then not too long after, she had a tiny ewe lamb. I thought she was dead, but I got her head dried off then rubbed her chest real good and she breathed! She's brown and cream. SO cute. And both already nursing. Adalaide is actually being a mother! I am so relieved to see her being so good to them.

And I am exhausted. I've been getting up early and running out to check on the sheep. Then hauling water, hay and feed all day and feeding lambs bottles and checking on them. Trying to keep mommas and babies together. I've caught Buttercup's lambs nursing on mommas who have not lambed yet! And they let them!

I will be SO glad when all this is over. I will not be doing this again. It's been so stressful for me and then for the sheep too, I think. And All the stalls are full of moms and babies. And it's supposed to rain alot.

I have the alpacas out back with the goats. They are not happy. They don't really care for goats. They are sheep people. They love sheep babies. They miss them. But I have no room for them right now, til they are all done and it's not raining. They they can come back to live with their sheep.

So, 5 down, 3 to go...

No comments: