Saturday, April 15, 2017

Maternity ward...


Can you see Buttercup, in the maternity ward? I noticed her this morning, in the middle stall, by herself. Usually when they are by their selves, they're either sick, or about ready to lamb. And she's ready to lamb!

I think I am ready for this now. I've got all the stalls cleaned and ready for mommas and babies. I have hay and feed. I need to get lots of bands for tails Monday. And to castrate ram lambs.

I feel better about lambing right now. I was pretty stressed out about it. Especially after hearing I won't be able to use the pasture next door. But I think they'll have enough grass to eat with the north pasture, back yard, goat pasture and big garden. I fertilized all but the garden, not thinking I would be having to keep sheep over there. Maybe I can do it anyway.

So bring it on ladies!! We can do this! I have a good feeling. Weather is supposed to be great too.






Next pictures will be of lambs...

No comments: