Thursday, August 20, 2015

A good cuppa tea...


Since I quit drinking coffee back in March, I am drinking a lot of hot tea. My favorite is dandelion tea, picked right out of the yard and gardens. It's so good. Then next would have to be peppermint, also picked out of the garden. But, since the dandelions are no longer blooming, I've been picking loys of peppermint. And it's almost all gone now. This morning, I was out back and found some wild mints, 2 different kinds! Yay! So I am going to go pick all I can find and dry them. Plus I just might go and rob Mrs. T of all her mint too!

I was at Whole Foods the other day, looking for a good tea, when I found a green dandelion tea. And it tastes just like I went out and picked fresh dandelion flowers! It is so good. So I am drinking at least 3 cups of this each day.

I also like cranberry tea too. And ginger. And lemongrass. I drink a lot of tea. With honey. Which is not going to last long y'all. I just had to open the 2nd gallon of my honey awhile ago. I am worried. I may have to go rob the hive one more time before fall.

Anyway, this got me thinking. Are there any other hot tea drinkers out there? Can you share your favorite tea? And how do you make it? What's your best ever cup of tea? And your favorite cup? I picked this one up at Tybee. I like it, but it's small. It does make a good cuppa tea though.

I also like to drink tea while knitting. Makes me feel, I don't know, like a cool knitter. Hot tea and knitting. 2 really cool things!

2 comments:

An At Home Daughter said...

I love oolong tea. But don't drink it anymore since tea upsets my stomach. I used to drink all kinds of hot tea. Ooooo Earl Grey is great too. I do drink Tazo Passion Tea, iced is best with plenty of sugar. It tastes weird with honey. The last few days I have been making lavender tea. Which reminds me I need to go pick a sprig.
Kimberly

Kris said...

Lavender tea sounds really good. I love Tazo brand tea. And Earl Grey is nice and smooth. I need to go tea shopping now. Thanks!