Friday, December 21, 2012

Just a few more days

I don't know why I wait til the last minute to do anything. I have been making jewelry the past few days for Christmas gifts. And bracelets and earrings. It's not that easy. Some of those beads are SO small. My step dad got me a jewelry tool set that has really come in quite handy. But now I need one of those lights that shine down with maybe a magnifying glass on it so I can actually see what I'm doing. I have reading glasses that help a lot. But still, it's really tedious work. But I do love the results. I love putting beads and little shiny stones and colors together to make a pretty necklace or earrings. I just hope they don't fall apart when someone is wearing them.

I am also making candles with some pretty little jars. I have had several bags of soy wax for awhile and a big 5 pound wheel of bees wax. That is the hardest stuff to try to grate or even cut. But I love bees wax candles.

Also am finishing up an afgan I was supposed to give my daughter and son-in-law LAST Christmas. I know, that's bad. But at least they will get it this Christmas.

So lots of little last minute gift ideas coming together. I really love making things for people I love.

I hope no one else is like me and trying to get a lot done at the last minute. But if you are, try not to get too stressed out! And have a very merry Christmas and a great new year!

No comments: