Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday market pictures

Yay, I think I have figured out how to upload pictures now from my new camera!!

So this is my booth. I need the canopy to hang the window frame for the candle holders. I think. But it's dark inside. So one of the ladies in my "square" came over and said I should take the top off to bring light in and that I need to have the tables on the outside of the booth. That she has found people don't like to go inside a booth, they'd rather be on the outside. Going inside means they have committed to the whole thing.

So I  am going to get there early this Saturday and make some changes. I would love to hear what anyone thinks about this. It's got plenty of color. But it is dark. I need to come up with something to hang the window from then take the whole canopy down.






These are the hanging candle holders or night lights. They're so pretty at night with the flickering candle inside. Or hanging outside on a tree branch at night. I'm making more because I did sell several.



And these are some of the wine bottles, jars and vases. I think I am going to get my 2 card tables back and use them instead of this shelf because it's hard for people to get down far enough to see these. So this will be gone.



These 2 bottom shelves are the Christmas jars and vases. The top shelf has jars with lids. And the next shelf has vases.


Then here is my soap and wash cloth table. I did add more soap that I had forgotten about so need some more baskets too.
So any advice or comments would be great. I need all the help I can get. I am at the very end of a long row. There are 4 booths in each square.

Thanks for looking! And if you are close, come on by and visit.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Kris,
I really think the soap layout is very nice ... as for the canopy, only serving one purpose,seems silly to use it unless you are outside. What I would do is support the window pane by using a system that would suppot the window by itself.Something like small 2x4 pieces screwed in place that will hold it upright, like side and middle ... then set that to the very back of a table. Make it free standing.
Also I know that visuale appeal is everything, you want the eyes to travel around and NOT stop. so where you have 2 tables I would continue on wrapping with a third if possible and set the bookcase? out front of the booth ... also if possible I would arrange the bottles by waves of color.(the same colors together, that way people can choose by color(which is how most people shop)
Take a cue from you saop table, it looks great! Good luck!
Teri

Kris said...

Teri, I was thinking about moving the soap table up to the front, just straight forward. And I am getting 2 more tables and can do the tiers on them too. That's a good idea about the colors. And I had wanted all the sizes to kind of be together but I have little small stickers I can use for pricing on the bottoms.

I'll have to see what my hubby can come up with for the candle window. I Had a lot of them lit and that drew people to them.

I went to a thrift store yesterday and found some of the big hurricane lamps and will put candles in them too.

Thanks for looking and for you very helpful advice!

Sandra said...

I just wanted to drop in and wish you luck with your sales :) Looks very nice!

Kris said...

Thank you, Sandra!