Friday, June 15, 2012

Busy Week



Have you ever been so tired you just cannot sleep? That's me right now. I have had a pretty busy 3 days here. Wednesday I was up early.  Fed animals, milked the goats, went out to the gardens and started picking, pulling, digging, cutting and then washing, weighing and bagging all that produce for market that afternoon. And I had 2 grand kids here. Do you think they helped? They did later when I had to load it all up. And unload at the market and set it all up. Then had to go back Thursday. And today I am at work all day. I help take care of an almost 95 year old lady.

Saturday, I will stay home. All day. I have a lot to mow. I wanted to leave the clover for the bees but that's all I have is clover. So it looks like no one lives here. I have to mow. And there are some green beans to pick. And squash. And I need to finish a row of running beans and do another row. Then I am done with running bean twine and all that. I don't think I will do running beans again. They are a lot of work. But they are so good.

Also need to clean out the milk room. And get the cat room where I can put all my market things, like tables and baskets. I need to get organized here.

 I sure wish I could wiggle my nose and turn my dogs into some people to help me.  Don't they look like they would be great help?

4 comments:

SweetLand Farm said...

I hate it when I can't sleep when I'm that tried. Makes the next day that much harder.
Sounds like you have a busy Saturday. Maybe I should get going with the rest of mine!
Yes I think the dogs would make a great help.

rootsong said...

Dear Kris,
I just wanted you to know that I answered your questions regarding canning eggs and bean soup in the post I just added to my blog. :)
Thanks,
Aubrey

Kris said...

Thank you, Aubrey! I know you are very busy and I am so glad you took the time to help me out.

Kris said...

I was mowing and the mower ate some netting I have on my blueberry bushes. So had to turn the mower up to cut it out. Now mower won't start. So now will have to wait another day to mow. Phooey.