Thursday, February 4, 2016

A clean kitchen

Last night, I stood in my kitchen, looking at the door. It was horribly dirty. The stove is very near the door, so it gets lots of grease and stuff on it. Then I looked at the tall cabinet next to the door, in between the door and stove. It's horribly dirty too. Then I looked at the stove. And the floor. And the cabinets. And walls. My whole kitchen is a mess!!! I don't know, but the past several years, I have not been a good house cleaner. I do what I have to do of course. But with dogs that shed like crazy, and dog hair ALL over the house, it's messy. I don't even mop. I figure, why bother? The dogs are worse than kids really. And with all the mud outside, and dogs going in and out, it gets messy. We sweep and vacuum and stuff like that. But not deep cleaning. Well, today was the day!

After breakfast, I started in on that kitchen. Started with the door. Then the cabinet. Then the stove. Then I got under the stove and cabinet. Got the hand held vacuum and got corners. Got the counters. And walls. It's so clean now! And now I want to paint! I never have painted the long cabinets. Or even put pulls on them. And the walls haven't been painted since we first moved in there. Ugh, there is still much more to do. But the floors are mopped! And it's clean for awhile! And it feels so good!!

I went to the farmer's market yesterday. Got a chicken. I'm going out to the garden and pick some kale. I love to put a big bunch of kale under the chicken and roast it a few hours. It's amazing! Y'all should try it. Put some cloves of garlic in the kale and chicken too.

Oh, I keep forgetting to tell about the pottery class I'll be starting the end of Feb. I'm so excited about this class! It's an 8 week class on Tuesday nights. I have always wanted to learn how to make mugs and bowls and plates. I also want to learn to make yarn bowls. I love them. So this should be fun. I went the other day to put my deposit in. So I am in! And ready to get in the clay.

I'm also going to a basket weaving class in March, taught by our friend Bill Haley.

This was the sunset a few nights ago. So beautiful.

No comments: