Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Around the farm these days...

 Went out this morning and took lots of pictures. Saw honey bees loaded down with pollen. All kids of business out there right now. Getting ready for winter. Are you?






Kale and radishes and lettuces and spinach, all in beds, growing really good right now. The weather is perfect for fall gardening. My favorite time of year to garden.


My place to sit and read or knit and watch things grow in the gardens.








Getting ready to plant some Stinging Nettle seeds that Linda sent me. This is the "wild garden" down here, so they can do what ever they want. There is all kinds of busy going on down here these days. Butterflies, wasps, honey bees, bumble bees. I love seeing all the business of life these days.








5 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

You get more nettle seeds?

Kris said...

No, these are the ones you sent me. I never got them planted. A lady who sells them at market said I could go ahead and plant the seeds now.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Oh, ok, but I'm not Linda,lol.

Kris said...

I'm sorry. They were from you though. And my goodness, those seeds are TINY itty bitty things! I hope I can get one at a time.

Kris said...

I seem to have lost that little packet of stinging nettle seeds. I have looked everywhere for it. I thought I put it in my pocket when I went back out to til but it's not there. Or anywhere. I am so upset right now. I'll keep looking.