Sunday, November 11, 2012

It so hot in here...

the dogs won't even come in! We got the wood stove all hooked up and started a fire this evening. It was so smoky in here and upstairs, we had to open all the windows. It's nice and toasty in here now. I sure hope we have a nice cold winter. Well, not too cold. But I'll be ready!

And we got the wood shed semi finished. I need to get some tarp for the back and put up some tin on the sides. It's 4x12 and about 6' tall. We have 3 pallets for the floor. It's wide enough to get 2 rows stacked at least 6' high. Me and my grand daughter got about half of it loaded with wood already. When I get a camera, I'll take a picture of it. I am right proud of us for all we got done today here.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I better go get some wood in. It's going to be in the 50's the rest of the week.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

It's a great feeling, knowing you'll be warm, dry....and well fed.

It was 76 out here yesterday, so I just opened the windows wide to let the warm air in the house. No fire needed!

SweetLand Farm said...

Yahoooo!! Gotta love a wood stove!!!

Kris said...

I think this wood stove is too big for this house!Or it's not hot enough outside yet. I hope when it's freezing it will heat the house this good!