Monday, July 31, 2017

Last day of July!



This poor hen. I got 6 baby chicks last year and she's the only one that made it. Her name is Maren. She's a Cookoo Maran. And the rooster always chases her away when I feed them. So I put her in the milk room while milked Olga and she got her own food, without being chased away. The rooster does like her, as you can tell by her back. He just doesn't want her to eat with them.

Still only lost 5 pounds. Very discouraging. But not giving up.

I'm going back down to South Ga.. My sister is having surgery Wed. in Savannah. So I'll be there for her for a few days. The Sherrill family reunion is this weekend up in Ozone Tn. So have to be back for that. Plus I still have 3 ewes that keep getting barber pole worms. I am SO frustrated!! It's been going on for about 2 months now and I'm so sick of giving worm meds, shots and everything else.

I was so nice here yesterday. Like no humidity at all! I did not sweat all day! I would have put my spinning outside and spun on the porch if it weren't for all the horrid flies!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

No comments: