Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day with the hubby...

Today, my husband and I went to town. There was a motorcycle gathering in Chattanooga and Coker Tire Co. down the road from the Chatt. market. We went there first and wandered around a little. Then went down to see the motorcycles.

I didn't even know this place was here. We got to go inside the building to the museum. And we were blown away by all the old cars and trucks. But the old motorcycles! Oh my goodness. There was a whole wall of them, 3 high, of really old Harleys. Even a Sears. And some Indians. And Cushmans. Oh my, it was amazing in there! And this is all free! They are open all the time and even give tours. This would be a perfect home school outing. I'll post more pics later. It takes so long to get them off my phone. But you can see the little blue bug. It's a 1957. I almost died. I want it. And behind it is a VW van. Oh please!



After this, we went to Outback Steakhouse. Our youngest daughter had given him a gift certificate for his birthday so we used it. That helped out a lot! It was good.

Then we went to Home Depot to look at refrigerators. I want a bigger one. I have always wanted one with the fridge on top with freezer on bottom, but the more I look at them, the smaller they seem to be. With at least 5-8 gallons of milk in the fridge at one time, I just don't see anywhere in those to put big jugs of milk.

So I asked the guy about commercial ones. He showed me some on line and I was amazed that they are so cheap. Like around $2200.00. I thought they would be so much more. I really want one now. They are about 48" wide. I could live with that. Now I will be looking on Craig's List.

My hubby got in an electric wheelchair. They are amazing! It really helps get around these big huge warehouse stores. I told him to not get too used to this though!



Then we came home. I sat out in the garden for awhile, just enjoying the peace and quiet out here. Not even any traffic going by. I love it out here. I took a short video but I don't know if it will show up. I had the gardens tilled yesterday. I sowed 4 1/2 pounds of buckwheat and a mixed clover mix. It only got a little over half the bigger garden. So I will go get more tomorrow and finish both gardens. I'll leave enough for planting kale, collards and turnip greens. We had a really good rain last night but I was too late home for planting. Ground is still wet though.



1 comment:

Abby said...

I enjoyed the Coker Tire event too. Amazed at all the antique items.