Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Goat bellies.

 I am finally seeing bellies on these girls. Freya should be due around the first week of March. I think she's looking really good right now. This is her 2nd pregnancy.


Olga would be due around the 2nd to 3rd week of March. I was worried about her even being pregnant because of that little episode a few months ago. I had to give her a lot of Ivermectin for a few days. I keep feeling for udders, but still nothing there. She is looking bigger each day. This is her first pregnancy too. So I have no idea what her udder and teats will be like. Not very big at all probably, the way she looks so far. But I am hoping she'll balloon out soon.



My friend Ron came last night to get Oden. He has 3 Nubian does he wants bred. I hope he does the job. So far, he's bred 4 does. 2 have already kidded with a set of twins each. 2 does and 2 bucks. And all 4 so far have no horns! I hope Ron can keep him til summer. I think the girls miss the old goat. But they'll get over it.

 I made my husband call his doctor yesterday afternoon. He's been in so much pain the past few weeks. And it was getting worse. He couldn't walk a step without screaming out in pain. It was horrible. So he called about 4 yesterday and actually got a person! And an appointment for this morning at 11. So got over there and in and saw the doctor real fast. She seems to think it's either a strained muscle in his back or arthritis. She sent him downstairs to the imaging center for x-rays. Gave him a scrip for a muscle relaxer and another for arthritis. We went to eat lunch after, then went to get the meds. He's already in his recliner, soon to be asleep. Poor guy. I hope this helps. The doctor will review the x-rays as soon as she gets them. Then will see if he could use some physical therapy.

It's raining here. So all the ice is now mucky mud. We needed more mud. Didn't have quite enough.

No comments: