Friday, May 1, 2015

Cade's Cove

 Just some photos of my trip a few weeks ago to Cade's Cove in the Smokey Mts. in Tn.

This was the 1st stop. The John Oliver Place. I could live right here.




There is a stream over to the front of the house. It was so beautiful and peaceful. The dogwood trees were in full bloom too.





This is at the visitor center, about mid-way through the tour. Years ago, we came here with the kids. They were probably 8 and 10. They had people in period clothes, doing demonstrations. I remember a lady spinning on a really big old wheel in the house. And they had the mules out at the sorghum wheel too. There was an older man in the mill though. He was grinding corn for corn meal.

I could live here too. This is actually my dream house.  It is the Gregg-Cable House.




This house was amazing. It had started to rain at the visitor center and kept up the rest of the way. Glad I brought my umbrella. I went up to this house, The Tipton Place, and just wanted to stay there. All it needed was a few rocking chairs on the front porch. It was beautiful.




                                                                The view from the porch.




                                  It has the perfect barn ever. I could have stayed in here all day.




This is the corn crib. When the kids were little, they would go inside this. I have pictures of them in there.




Another view from the front porch. It was so beautiful and green here.




I'll post more later. It was so fun. I'd love to go back on a better day.

Y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: