Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Babies!


There are baby chicks on the farm once again! 3 of the eggs hatched yesterday. The other hen that went broody a few weeks ago has stolen 2 of the chicks. The real momma had 1 of them.  So they are sharing the motherhood job right now. But I can already tell the real momma. The other hen will go off for food and leave the chicks.

Here is Black Bart, the proud papa.


I put them out this morning, just because in the middle of the day, there's no shade on the lot there, so they all go in the coop. I'll put them back in tonight.





Look at these big fluffy momma hens. So sweet.




The chicks went through the fence several times. The other chickens didn't even bother them.





Aren't they so adorable? I love them.






I might be bringing something home this afternoon. I'll post about that later.

2 comments:

SweetLand Farm said...

Gotta love some baby chicks! My husband is hoping to get some from some of or hens. We have the rooster too. We shall see how the summer goes!

Kris said...

They are so cute and fun to watch. It's been a few years since I've had chicks here. I hope they're all hens though. I hope you get some babies too.