Saturday, August 24, 2013

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado


I am back home!!!! I missed all my animals so much. I never saw the first sheep and only a few goats. And NO home gardens. My brother and sister live in Colorado Springs. There is nothing but wall to wall houses there. And freeways and traffic like I have never seen. Everywhere we went, waiting, waiting and more waiting.

BUT, they have some of the best thrift stores! We went to every one of them I think. There was Goodwill of course. But they have an Arc, which is HUGE, and there are a lot of them, all over. And we went to every one of them, I do believe. Such fun!

My brother and his girl friend took me to the Garden of the Gods. I had been there back in 2001, but things seemed different. It was amazing and so beautiful. The day was perfect. Blue sky with big billowing white clouds. The mountains were beautiful. Every turn, there was a more awesome view than the one before.







This is the Kissing Camels rock. There is a gated community named after this rock.





And the colors! Oh my goodness. So many different colors and contrasts.




This is my brother Mark and his girlfriend Susan. Look at that view!




This is a beautiful scene here. These 2 huge rocks with the peaks in the back ground.




And there were several rock climbers too. Something I am glad I have no interest in.




And I saw faces in all the rocks there. These are so plain to see. Like they were giants frozen in stone, looking up at the sky.

 
On the way back to the parking lot, I saw these silhouettes on the top of these rocks. I thought they looked like some kind of animals. The closer we got, we could see their horns. It was a small flock of Bighorn sheep! There are 6 here that were visible. Then we saw a 7th over to the right a little lower. They were all just looking at all the people looking at them! It was so amazing to see them way up there. There was also a huge buck up at the welcome center. Not but a few feet from all the people watching him. And he just laid down under a bush. Then we also saw a pretty doe under one of the rocks.



These are just a few shots from my trip. I'll post more later. I took over 300. Not hard to do out there. But I am SO glad to be back home. In my very quiet little peaceful valley.

I hope you all have had a great week too.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Kris,
Looks like a great time!!
Beautiful pictures. I too have no interest in Rock climbing, YIKES!

Kris said...

Yes, I am so glad I didn't get that need for danger in my genes. I am just fine right here on the ground!