Friday, August 25, 2017

Just random stuff

Last night, this was so pretty. I love when the moon looks like this. And that big bright shining star, or planet, what ever it is there, to the left.


Went out to pick some pears yesterday. I heard buzzing and saw some of my girls, drinking pear juice from some of the very over ripe pears. Bees are amazing.




This is pears and figs, from my own trees, in bowls that I made myself. So cool. And so very good!




So the hens have found yet another nice cozy place to lay eggs. This is a hay bale in the corner of the milk room. I'll get a few eggs a day here. The rooster will start cackling when the hens sing the egg laying song. You'd think the boy laid an egg himself, the way he goes on and on about it!




And this. Oh my goodness, this. Really? There's probably a few little teaspoons left in the jug. I really do not get it. Also, the same person who does this, leaves about a spoonful of food in a pot or bowl. Just drives me crazy!!




Right now, this minute, all my sheep are looking great!! I was just about to throw in the towel with them. Seems like every day or so, for the past 3 months, one of them would have puffy jaws. I just wanted to cry. It's been awful. But right now, this minute, they are all ok. I have seen people all over this country talking about barber pole worms, and losing their sheep or goats because of them. It's been really bad this year.

This morning, my husband's outside spraying more hornet nests under the eaves of our house. I went outside to see one. I bent down behind him to look at it while he sprayed them. Then he brought his left arm down, right on my face! I kinda saw some stars. And I have a headache now.


No comments: