Thursday, May 5, 2016

Farm fabric

 Yesterday, I had lunch with my mom and brother. While we were out, we went to Joann's to look for material for the apron we'll be making in sewing class. I couldn't go Tuesday because of the swarm. (I found out at the store that only 1 person showed up so they didn't do anything.)

So the sewing instructor works at Joann's and she was there to help me. We found the pattern, then we all started looking for some farmish type fabric. It's a full apron, so I thought I could wear it at markets.

So we found these! I love them. The 1st one will be the full apron that I'll make in class. I got red binding (?) to go around it.





There is also a pattern for a half apron, so I'll use this sheep fabric my mom found. There wasn't much left on the roll, so I got it all. It's enough to make it though. I just love this sheep pattern. I got green to trim this with and a pretty tan colored thread.



So these 2 fabrics, thread, binding, and the pattern would have been about $75. But my brother pulled up a 40% off coupon and I got to use my mom for her senior discount! So I saved $27! It was $46. Geeze, really? For 2 aprons?

It is SO cold here today. I started out on the porch making  mugs and bowls. Then I just got so cold, I had to go in and put on  long pants and a sweater. Now I cannot get warm. I want to just go to bed now. It's blackberry winter. I hate blackberries, so not happy about this at all. Stupid blackberries!

2 comments:

An At Home Daughter said...

I like the sheep fabric. Very cute!

Betty Ann said...

Love them! I wear aprons and I love to sew. Have fun!