Thursday, January 1, 2015

Amarillo and Abraham

More spinning in the studio the past few days. I was doing this last night til about 10:30.

So the brown is from my ram Abraham. He's long gone, but his wool is finally being spun. He was a nice brown-red color and had nice wool. He's the father to all my lambs. So I decided to spin some of his with Amarillo's. She's in the photo below. She's the ewe that had the quads. I think it turned out really nice. I love the natural colors myself. I did one skein yesterday.  Today, spun another bobbin of each color. I had to stop because my shins are hurting, from all the treadling.  And my right hand too. I love spinning, but need to take breaks more between spinning. I'll ply these other 2 bobbins tomorrow. I'll get 4 skeins from them. This would be a pretty sweater, I think. This also has some black alpaca fiber in it. I love alpaca, but can't spin it by itself. It's just too fine for me. So I'll add it to the wool. And some of this wool needs alpaca for extra softness.





I tried to fix the robot thing. I hope I got it right. And thank you, Kimberly, for your nice comments!

1 comment:

An At Home Daughter said...

I seem to only be able to spin the alpaca fine. Its really hard to spin it bulky, but I love it. It's like spinning butter. You will learn in time.

I love the bi-colored yarn, very striking.

The robot thing is still on here.

Kimberly