Thursday, August 7, 2014

Busy, busy, then sick.

 Busy few weeks here. Lots of Indiana and Wisconsin family in for the Sherrill family reunion up in Crossville, Tn this past weekend. Some stayed here with us. It was so fun to have company. We really need to get the shower fixed upstairs though.

We were sitting outside at the picnic table and I saw something fly over to this pole with a long piece of straw. So we walked over to see what it was. Whatever these small black wasps are, one was just stuffing this hole up. I am just amazed at the intelligence of insects.


                                 And the beauty of a small seedless watermelon. So cool, isn't it?



So Monday evening, we had to go up on the mountain to get Coryn's clothes. My hubby's nephew and family had been making plans all summer for Chloe to go back to Wisconsin with them for a few weeks. They have a daughter her age. So when Coryn came, they asked her to come along too.  They went to King's Island in Ohio yesterday. Al just called and said they were home. So all kinds of fun stuff to do in Wisconsin for 2 Ga. kids.


Here's a hang glider, just jumping off the edge. I love going up there and watching them.




So here are all 3 girls, taking off Tuesday. Their son, who is 13, is in the very back seat.




Yesterday was Main St. market. It was SO hot there. Just wore me out. When it's hot like that, it's just not fun at all. I had gotten some Swiss Chard from my friend next door to me and some of the best cheese from Sequatchie Cove Creamery. It's called Nick-A-Jack. Washed in apple cider.  So I chopped some scallions and red pepper from my garden and scrambled eggs in with all this. I love it.

 
Here it is, ready to eat. I wish the bacon was mine. I am thinking about getting some pigs in a few months.




I got up this morning and was slightly dizzy. Kind of wobbly. And very tired. So did a few things. Then went to bed. woke up freezing cold. Turned down the AC. Put on a flannel shirt. I just now took my temp. 100.3. I feel hot. So I am having  pains below my stomach and some pressure. Feel like my insides might fall out any minute. I made some fresh grated ginger tea with honey and am drinking that.

The horrible part of this is, tomorrow morning, I am supposed to go to Huntsville, Al. with my friend Sarah, to hear Joel Salitin. I am so upset. I may have to call her and cancel. And I don't want to. I have always wanted to hear that man. And I feel like he will give me some sort of direction to go with this farm in the future. So I might wait to see what happens. I'll call Sarah just in case, to let her know. Bummer.

4 comments:

Denny144 said...

Uh oh, sounds like the flu but it's an odd time of the year to get it. Hope it's gone by the morning.

Su Ba said...

Here's wishing you get feeling better by morning.

Kris said...

Much better today! Thanks for the well wishes. Don't know what it was. Temp got to 100.7.

Betty Ann said...

So glad you are better! Busy farmers are never allowed to be sick!! It's hard enough to find time to shower!!! Eagerly awaiting your comments about your trip to Huntsville. Joel Salatin is awesome.