Saturday, March 12, 2011

He's Here!

It's here! A bull calf born early this morning just like me and Mazie talked about. He was all nice and dry and nursing first thing this morning when I looked out the window. Such a pro she is and this is her very first calf ever. Mazie the Big Red Heifer is now a COW! I have given her several buckets of molasses water and fresh hay so far. The calf is nursing great. He knows exactly where those faucets are. And he knows how to use them. I just hope he lets me have a little bit sometimes.

I am so relieved that mazie is ok and that the calf is a bull and he is healthy. And I didn't have to do a dad blamed thing! Yee Haw!

I'm off to give her more water. She's gonna have to move over a little closer to her water trough. Enough of this already!

2 comments:

Kim said...

How exciting!!! If you can, handle the calf as much as possible...it makes life so much easier!!! Congratulations!

Kris said...

Thanks Kim. I am. I don't want to love on him too much though as he is destined fot the freezer. But I do want him to be friendly when he needs to be.