Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mazie's still there and not here.

Our 2nd attempt to bring Mazie home has failed also. I feel like a bad cow momma. We had help. Our 2 daughters and one boyfriend were here for dinner. They volunteered to help. But they couldn't get her in either. So I think we need to bring in the big guns. A bigger trailor and some herding dogs and a few rodeo cow lasooers maybe? Or I could maybe just get a 5 gallon bucket of apples and lead her home. It's just about a mile from here. I'm so upset.

Anyway, dinner was really good. I made a chicken and rice casserole, corn on the cob, fried green tomatoes, cole slaw, sliced tomatoes. And made a banana cake for desert. It really was good.

Some of the turkeys have been getting out. I can't figure out how. Last night there were 6 out. Today there are 4. A tom and 3 hens. I will get them back in tonight. Just to be on the safe side. I'd hate for something to get them. They are so stinkin' cute. It will be very hard to put some of them in the freezer. I have a few picked out to keep for breeding so far. One of the toms (the one who escaped) is very friendly. I will keep him. I want to keep 1 tom and at least 3 hens for breeding.

I am hoping to be able to get the camper ready to take it to Chester Frost Park sometime this week. The grands have not been anywhere or done anything fun this whole summer. And school starts back in a few weeks. We did get the kitchen faucet fixed. So that's a little less money we have to spend on it. Hubby will spend the night with the kids while I go home at night. I have 4 goats to milk in the mornings. Then I will go back.

No comments: