Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I also have 9 Bourbon Red turkey poults. They are about 2 months now. I have put them outside in a stall. Some of them have been getting out. They stay right around though. I guess they are very "herdy" animals. So tonight a little before sunset I went ahead and opened the door. One at a time they hopped out. They all stayed right near the door. Soem would hop back in then come right back out again. They were eating grass and bugs and just exploring their new world. Then all of a sudden they all went back in. I shut the door. I will start letting them out about an hour before sunset each day. Then gradually lenghten the time. I just love these little birds. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which to keep and which to butcher. I will probably end up keeping them all for breeding stock. We'll see!

It was a very hot day today. I took all 3 granddaughters to Chattanooga for a "free fun" day. We went to the sculpture garden in the Bluff View art district. then to a very nice art gallery. Then to Coolodge Park to play in the fountain. Then to the aquarium to play in the water there. All free so far! On the way to my mom's for lunch we stopped at Wendy's for Frosties. $3.00. Then to my mom's for lunch and to play in the stream behind their house. Not a bad day and only spent $3.00.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've been trying to figure out how to get my turkeys outside without the yard being finished...great idea letting them out just before dusk!!!