Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Meet #'s 17, 18 and 19...


This morning, after feeding all the animals, I looked out the front window and saw something small by Gracie way up in the front pasture. So out I went to see what was going on.


Gracie had one lamb already and was cleaning him off. I went to get a towel to help her. I could see some feet coming out so I knew there was another lamb soon. She came just a few minutes later. I got her head all dried off and let Gracie do the rest.






                                               So this is #17, a ram lamb. I named him Clark.






                                                     And his little sister, # 18, Cadie.

Years ago we had the best preacher. I just loved his family. His wife's name is Marquita and they had a daughter and twins. A boy and girl named Clark and Cadie. So I said when we had  another set of twins I'd name them after those twins. And here they are!



Then a few minutes later, after having gone back inside for a few minutes, I looked out and saw this little black and white lamb with Biatrix, way up front by the fence. So ran back out there and sure enough, she had this little sweetie. # 18, a little tiny ewe lamb. Her name is Claire.


What's so funny is that Biatrix is Gracie's daughter from last year. So Gracie is a Grand mother now. I know, Biatrix is only just a year old. I had not planned on such young mothers. But she's a good size and already a good mother. I think Bridget is bred too. She's the same age as Biatrix.


So we've had a busy morning here at Outback Farm. I had to call my mom and cancel our day out together because I wanted to be here in case there were more lambs. And of course, no more yet.

I have always had early morning or daytime lambs here so far. I have never had to go out all night to do night time checks. Never had any at night. They go anywhere from about 6 a.m. to about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. But that could all change. Ya just never know with sheep!

So far: 2 sets of twins, a ram and ewe each and 2 single ewe lambs. The ewes are ahead so far. I'd like tto have more rams please, ladies!

Anyone else having babies?

No comments: