Friday, July 23, 2010

It is so hot out there. It was 100 degrees at 1:00 PM already. I guess it's just hot all over the world. I feel sorry for all the people who have to work outside in this. I saw lots of guys while I was out today working on power lines and mowing and directing traffic. I could not do it. It's hard to even breath. I hope that if you have to work out in this heat, you have plenty of water.

I just refilled all the animal's water buckets and bowls with fresh cold well water. The chickens are standing in a mud hole. They are all panting. I have 9 Bourbon Red turkey poults now. They are outside in a stall. And they are so hot. They do have a little breeze blowing. But they are all panting also. My dog Bubba won't even go outside at all. He hates this heat.

My hubby is home on vacation now. We had to borrow my friend's horse trailor so we can go get my heifer Mazie. She's been up the road visiting the local Black Angus stud muffin. She's been there about 1 1/2 month now. So hopefully we will have a cute little calf about March. Roxie, my other heifer, is really missing her. She's been hanging out with the goats but it's just not the same as her buddy. I think she may be in heat right now. She's been bellowing something awful all day. She will just be 11 months the 25th of July. I will wait til she's at least 18 months to breed her. She's part Jersey and Angus. Looks like a Jersey but is black. Maize is Red Angus. And the biggest 900 pound red baby ever. I'll be glad to get her back home tonight.

Well, I am going to go on an egg hunt before they are all cooked.

No comments: